PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 17th Oct 2018, 03:40
lessonlearnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow look at this discussion about CX.... should make every person who is considering of coming wonder??

As I said everyone has a decision but I would recommend people to do research about everything before coming to CX and living in HK.
Don't get caught up with the money - because its actually not that much and people are living paycheque to paycheque here. I mean yes you can make sacrifices to save some money. Like us SO's do - we drink outside the 7/11 stores on a night out which is great fun but its more got to do with the fact the entertainment is just to expensive in HK. - LIFE is very very expensive in HK.

Lots of people get into debt as they join here, because you really do need money to move to HK. The little amount you get on Loan from the company is not enough. TRUST ME. But you probably are thinking, I will just sell what I have at home to set myself up - I did this. BIG MISTAKE. You selling your life to start a very average and frustrating one in HK. ITS NOT WORTH IT.

For me and believe many SO's the fact that CX has treated us like bottom feeders, and just delayed and delayed our upgrades has frustrated us as a group and is the reason we all will be looking elsewhere for employment.
But before SO's look to leave we will be claiming all our bonuses, taking our maximum sick days, long term sickness included. Not answering our phones on Days Off (even when CC is finished), doing the absolute minimum work we can do - because why should we kill ourselves for a company that is maliciously ending our career before it has started.

The company has lost all good faith from most of the pilots and management know this!!!
I mean for CADETS who I know personally to say they will leave if they can, or take as much sick leave as possible, or long term or honestly don't give a £@$% about this company that says a lot...... and this is happening.

Im not telling anyone who is interested in CX not to come - please don't think that, BUT im painting an honest picture of life here.
Forget about upgrades for 5+ years as SO's, DEFO's forget about ever getting command because you are all the way at the bottom of the list, thats the reality of it. You will leave before your command is anywhere close.

Think Carefully and be smart - don't make the same mistake that most of us in this company has made!!!!

A Shoutout to all airlines across the world - you have many many experienced and eager Second Officers in CX that are dying to leave.

We have type experience and we understand the long haul industry. Give us a chance and accept some of our SO hours and you will have no more pilot shortage for years to come. Open up you doors and we WILL come. TRUST ME.....