PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2018, 01:42
Porterboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrongoDriver
Firstly let me just admit my massive bias for the following.

Porterboy, I’m sure coming to Qlink would be a lot better than SO at CX but you’re also going to be taking jobs away from local Aussies who get out of GA by getting into Qlink and other regionals.

This new international pathway is just a way to avoid training costs. There is no pilot shortage in Aus. There are a metric ton of guys flying bugsmashers in GA and hoping for a leg up into a regional. Those positions are now getting filled with international applicants whilst the locals get shafted.

By by all means head to a country with no GA industry and live the expat life. But don’t over those beginning in the industry either. We all started somewhere and this new trend of bringing in the least costly candidate hurts everyone. I mean just look at CX!
I totally understand where you're coming from and that's why I said this earlier in the thread..
Originally Posted by Porterboy
[...] I thought about doing the Qantaslink thing on the Dash 8, but I get the impression that foreign pilots are really not appreciated there, and I can sort of see why. [...]
I know I'd be going in and taking people's jobs which is why I'm hesitant to apply. But after I wrote that post I received a couple PM's painting a different picture so I don't know how to really feel about this. At the end of the day, I spent over $100k on training and my intent is to go somewhere that will pay me enough for me to feel like that was a worthy investment and at the same time permit me to have a decent quality of life. So far the options are very limited and it feels like the list is shrinking by the minute! Tell me you wouldn't at the very least consider Qlink if you were doing the exact same job for less than half of the pay being offered by them. It's tempting that's all I'm saying.