PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 18:52
Buter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rex, as you chose to use the phrase "BALPA is sh!t scared of the company..." and then went on to spout nonsense on post intended for pilots considering joining the company, you won't find it surprising that I don't consider my comments to you terribly condescending and I certainly don't think you were talked down to "severely."

As for anonymity, I've gone by the name Buter (pronounced BOO-TER, by the way) since I was about 12 years old and my identity is no secret on here (or anywhere else, for that matter).

Twang - It's nowhere near as bad as I imagine you've heard. The training committee is indeed headed up by a LH TC, but there is a SH captain on the committee doing great work, too. As for some trainers threatening to leave, yes, I'm aware of the sentiment, but each member makes his/her own decision wrt resignation from the union. Pay talks have just started within BALPA, so we are just at the beginning of the process, I have no idea what the timeline is and wouldn't comment if I did; something like that would only come out through official comms.

DF - The reasons for my opinion have been discussed widely on this thread already. Pension, FA, Bidline, Pay, high CAP's, interpretation of EASA ftl's, etc.. I can't comment on our SH operation as I can't remember the last time I did a 2 crew sector, let alone a 2 hour sector!

Cheers

Buter