PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing incidents/accidents due to Thrust/Pitch mode mishandling
Old 14th Oct 2018, 16:53
sonicbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vessbot
It doesn't. "PIC time" is just a more specific way of describing his previous experience in that type. Maybe you're talking about his SIC time then? Or combination of PIC and SIC time? Anyway, who cares about all the exact particulars. Do you agree or disagree that his habits formed over a substantial amount of experience with the different type might have contributed in his on-the-spot mode confusion?
Vessbot You keep mixing up different things all together. I was specifically replying to a comment where, amongst others, it was stated that "He had less then 3000hrs command.
That is pure madness from the Company and the local CAA, me thinks.
THE direct cause of the accident."
Now in my opinion, in the context of this accident, this has nothing to do for the reasons already mentioned before.

Originally Posted by Vessbot
Do you agree or disagree that his habits formed over a substantial amount of experience with the different type might have contributed in his on-the-spot mode confusion?
of course I do, hence my comments. Again, it is specifically the experience as a Commander that is not specifically relevant in this context, but his overhaul experience on a different type was definitely a threat that was unmanaged by the crew.

Last edited by sonicbum; 14th Oct 2018 at 16:57. Reason: rephrasing