PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 09:33
lessonlearnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porterboy

I am honestly not telling you not to come here. Im telling you things from my perspective. You can take advice or not. I did not when I joined this airline and it has backfired.

As I said people are happy here, you find less and less but there are some around town. The majority are not and are looking for a CXit. But I believe you should do what you want. I can comfortably say I would not recommend anyone to join this airline because that recommendation would be a terrible one for someone looking to build his/her career and enjoy the flying.

Come as a DEFO. You will have to wait for currently 600ish SO's to upgrade to CAPT before you get a sniff. And everyone of them will be your senior when you try staff travel, of bid for bases one day (trust me there will be no more bases) or even just requesting a flight. When the SO upgrades eventually he is your senior and he has the request bid higher than yours. But you get paid more - well not actually if you look at the COS18 you will be on.

But its your choice and everyones choice out there to do what you want to do. But be warned......