PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - People Thinking Of Going CX
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2018, 09:19
Tea time

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Porter boy,
have you considered Dragon air above Cathay , also have a look at Korean , and some of the airlines in Japan their pay isn’t fantastic but it’s a great place to live , clean air , good food , sadly neither of which HK have . A number of airlines in China have commuting rosters which may work for you . Look on some of the aviation recruiting sites , failing that take a position at CX, but be warned the salary sounds great looking at it in Canadian terms . Once you get here and start paying for rent, electricity for air cons which you can’t live without , and food that doesn’t come from China it becomes very expensive .
my electricity bill in summer runs about CAD$ 600 a month. Go to a bar and have a beer you are looking at CAD $ 10 plus . A small cauliflower $10 butter $12 . The list goes on it’s not a cheap place to live as an expat . If you like local food you can live a bit cheaper . All I’m saying is better to be forewarned than find out after the fact and COS 18 with 6 years + as an SO living in 400sq ft isn’t a great morale booster . This job used to be amazing , it certainly was when I joined decades ago sadly today it’s a very different story and sometimes the grass is not always greener