PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2018, 05:46
SSS0388

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by secres77
Cheers!

What are some technical questions I should prepare for (besides principles of lift/theory of flight, how turbojet/turbofan engine works, explaining flight controls)? The one I wasn't prepared for was everything to do with commercial plane speed vs speed of sound (in mach numbers).
The questions vary really, according to the candidates profile and the interview panel of the day. However, based on my experience and conversations with fellow interviewees, thematically the questions encompass technical, geography, general knowledge, personal, problem-solving and very importantly 'honesty/integrity' bench-markers (i.e. the popular tone - 'If you don't know, say you don't know'). Having said that, I cannot recommend any specific technical areas to learn (moreover, I am not from any aviation related technical background) but what I did was learn technical aspects from a general understanding perspective. Ultimately, my learning objective: to be able to explain the technical knowledge to a 6 year old (simple, precise, easy). Keep it simple!

If it is of any help, I have my preparatory compilation which I would gladly share. Perhaps, the compilation could give you an idea of the technical aspects which I prepared for and hope it benefits your learning process. Cheers!