PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Requirements for PPL SEP renewal (EASA)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2018, 09:54
tescoapp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The " you didn't do the PFL correctly" is quiet a common point with a lot of partial flight checks even up to CPL license test.

Its a no win situation if you don't know the examiner preference. Or some less ethical examiners can just take the opposite opinion to give a partial.

Personally I did my CPL in twin so I didn't have to do the PFL stuff with its exposure to second by second decision making and mother nature giving you a bum card. Never flown a single engine aircraft simple or complex pax transport so my presumption at the time that it was nothing missed proved correct.

I too on my last SEP PC got the job done into a perfect field with side slip to low key and then constant aspect oval to 50ft. He signed me off but there was an hour of listening to him harp on about doing the full monty. I suspect half of it was that he didn't realise that the field I went for was there and not the field he was intending me to go for which I knew had wires in it which you wouldn't see until committed. He really didn't approve of sideslip in a tommy or for that matter going below 500ft, apparently I should have known to go around at 500ft and he shouldn't have needed to say anything and no need to brief anything about it. He tried to claim it was a bust of rule 5 but it wasn't. There was also something about doing constant aspect and selecting flap without the wings level that he didn't like but by that point I had given up listening.