PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2018, 16:15
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211

Please, of course SEN and LCY have less issues.
Take Southend for example, it’s daily aircraft movements are swamped by the first hour of operation at Stansted.
if we don’t stop complaining about delays at security, measures will be taken to speed things up and that’s when mistakes will be made, can we all just realise the world has changed as far as security is concerned and the amount of people flying has never been higher, put the two together, have a think and get to the airport an hour earlier than you planed, have a coffee and a chat with the person next to you in the queue, pass through security maybe buy something in duty free, board the plane land safe and be happy.
Daz - I understand what you mean, but if you fly regularly rather than once or twice per year, duty free and arriving 2 hours before a flight start to lose their appeal. To a frequent flyer, an airport is little more than a port facility. A train station has no security screening but I can arrive just a few mins before a teain departs and be ok - why does an aiport need 90 mins or even 2 hours with just hand luggage ?

I understand the need for security but arriving at an airport one hour before departure should be enough - screening a passenger who understands the security process well and who does not present any red flags should take no more than 5 or 10 mins from arriving in a queue to being able to entering a main departure lounge.