PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 9th Oct 2018, 08:46
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
As more information is surfacing which is not directly appropriate for this thread I ask that the other one is reopened so this one can remain focused on the LAA side of the saga.

On that note, having read TCT's latest we have yet another version of events. It is clear to me that NOTHING which comes from BiaB can be trusted. Again no questions have been answered just more avoidance. What I find totally bizarre is this statement

"The overriding consideration in all of this was safety. I took people with me not just to share the fantastic experience but because it was safer. "
How can taking Anette Porter or Caroline O'Donnell along in the front seat make it safer? Unless of course you had doubts about the safety of them flying in the chase plane (tongue firmly in cheek here).

We know that local sorties were flown that were not part of the overall A to Z routing, why did you choose these passengers and not a local female student who you wanted to encourage into aviation?

Rutherford implies that I was always flying with Ewald Gritsch which is also not true. In the formation flight through the Rift Valley and over the flamingos which featured in The Aviatrix documentary, I had Caroline O'Donnell from Artemis Investments as my passenger. Annette Porter flew several legs over 1200 miles with me; I also flew with other people for the purpose of the film story.
Not true at all. Sam has always said that Ewald was with you for 40 of the 44 legs. So that leaves 4 legs where he was not plus the odd local jaunt betwix.

To para-phrase this from TCT "I sincerely hope that decency and a sense of justice prevails among the wider membership beyond what is conveyed by a handful of misguided people on this forum."
Agreed: I count amongst the misguided those who have been sent across to argue on her behalf.

Simple solution: Answer the questions, show the proof.