PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 8th Oct 2018, 07:41
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The ATSB report of ZCR's recent flights / maintenance is sketchy.

FlightAware shows ZCR returning to Essendon on Feb 4 at approx 2pm with a flight time of 1:24
But the ATSB does not show it flying on that day.
The ATSB lists ZCR as flying 6 hours on Feb 5, but flight aware has nothing on that day. ZCR has ADSB. I don't understand how a 6 hour flight could be unrecorded by FlightAware.

The RUMOUR I heard at the time was that it spent about 3 weeks in Adelaide unscheduled after a problem on the leg to Adelaide. The flight aware record supports this. The ATSB report does not mention this. although the flight it lists of Jan 13 when landing gear malfunction was reported may fit with this. At the time the 3rd hand rumour I had was that it was having work done on the FCU and that it was a repeat issue. I'll re-iterate that the rumour I had within days of the accident was 3rd hand. I cant vouch for it. But, it did spend time in Adelaide that corresponded with the rumour.

An FCU failure has precedent and in many ways fits the facts. But, the ATSB report doesn't acknowledge it.

and I don't understand why the 4 February flight in FlightAware returning from Adelaide does not appear in the list of recent flights in the report.