PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 7th Oct 2018, 15:56
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can remember as a youth, eagerly waiting to earn my PPL, so I could join my national equivalent of the LAA. I was a proud member for decades. But, As I saw changes in leadership, and actually paid attention at meetings as to the reduction in effective leadership, and association senior members who thought that it was about them, I became disillusioned. I left the association. Apparently, I was not the only person who held the senior leaders in disdain, I was told that in the following two years, the association had about a 25% reduction in membership.

Happily, that association has had a complete leadership change, and I am very impressed with the future I see for it, I have joined again. But it shows me that the members can, and will speak with their membership renewals. The LAA leaders would be wise to remember that is it the membership base which is important, rather than the interests of a few (perhaps) prominent individuals, particularly when the interest of an individual is for them self, and not even for the association benefit anyway!