PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 7th Oct 2018, 12:27
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Submitted to the LAA forum just now from T C-T:
Dear Sam

In answer to yours of early Saturday morning, the 2018 motions mean what the words say. I don't think this forum is the place to respond in detail
It sounds to me that the LAA forum must be the perfect place to respond to concerns of the participants in that association!

I admit to being caught unawares by the motion at the 2016 AGM to rescind the Woodhams Award and condemn me for bringing the LAA into disrepute. I didn't realise that having joined the Association in April of that year you had sent a string of emails to the Board demanding my disgrace, and had eventually found angry men willing to propose and second.
So Tracey has been a pilot for umpteen years, yet joined the LAA only the same year as the motion to rescind the award to her? I take that to mean that she was not an LAA member when she initially received their award? Her term as a member would then seem to be only the brief period during which much more established members of the LAA reconsidered their first decision. Perhaps this last minute, low investment participation, which focused nearly entirely on objecting to the decision made by the majority of more invested members has made some of those members angry! Their gender is not relevant!

It sounds to me that "sending strings of emails... demanding" is an activity common to both members of the LAA, and Tracey. So she should not be surprised that this tactic is being applied to support interests which she does not share. It appears to me that when she withdrew to the shadows, the interest expressed in her fizzled, and indeed, discussions were closed. It appears to me that it is Tracey's "emails" which have re lit the fire at the LAA.

I've seen so many situations where the actions of an association are pretty well unanimous. It's so nice that so often an association can take action which represents the collective desire of its members. If it becomes apparent that there is large disagreement on the action to be taken, the association must be very careful and objective to assure that the member's votes are accurately recorded!