PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 7th Oct 2018, 09:44
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Colibri49
How can we be confident that our proxy votes particularly against motions 7. and 8. won't magically "disappear" before the votes get counted, or am I being too cynical? .
Not in the least Colibri. I have a concern about the voting arrangements themselves. This a ballot that the LAA are running themselves so do wonder if a). there could be some way of "doctoring" the results or b). will T C-T and her legal team/lawyer call into the question the validity of the poll.? In my view it would have been preferable to have some independent outside body such as the Electoral Reform Society run the poll. That way the ballot papers go nowhere near the LAA offices or indeed its officials. Too late for that now, of course. Should add I have confidence in the LAA and its officers but the whole thing needs to be seen to be demonstrably above reproach.

For most voluntary societies fairly informal polls work well enough, providing there is trust in the system and the folk who operate it. Sadly the LAA has become entangled with some mighty devious people or maybe just one person. In that situation trust could easily break down. Gives me no pleasure to say that.

Last edited by Planemike; 7th Oct 2018 at 10:07.