PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2018, 19:25
EllanVannin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bex88
Essentially it’s EZY in blue.
A significant over simplification in my opinion.

I worked at EZY for 5 years, then spent my first 3 years in BA based down at LGW (leaving there not very long ago).

Some differences -

1. BA workload is much quieter during the winter than EZY. My highest annual hours were around 700. Easyjet was 800-900 each year.

2 True that nightstop destinations are limited, but lots of decent length layover times in the town centres rather than minimum rest at airport hotels. Decent amount of clear days off in EDI or GLA should that be your thing. I loved them.

3. Small base so you know everyone and so enjoy the friendly atmosphere that goes with it, which is not the case at the massive LGW easyjet base.

4. The knowledge that if you don’t enjoy it, or begin to lose your enjoyment of it, then you can move to LHR or long haul rather than being relatively trapped in the job at EZY.

5. Significantly lower number of 4 sector days.

6. Tastier crew food IMHO. Certainly healthier.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not trying to slag off easyjet. There are plenty of plus points to working there.

Just trying to help people from avoiding the trap of not moving airlines because they took it at face value when someone said that BA at LGW is just EZY in blue. There are similarities but there are significant differences too.

Hope that helps anyone considering the move.