PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boat in HK good idea and where?
View Single Post
Old 6th Oct 2018, 08:10
morningcoffee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Air Profit
MC: once again, just trying to be the stirrer. Funny, my two friends in the Marina never had any such questions. I suppose it was probably because they took one look at you and realised you were dodgy on every level, so they decided to up the ante a bit in your case. Basically, as with everything else you say on PP, you are full of sh*t.
Just for Air Profit. HSBC,Standard Chartered, Hang Seng etc etc etc are banks, they do mortgages, they assess risk so they don’t touch liveaboards.

Hitachi Finance isn’t. It’s a Finance Company and is completely and utterly different from a bank. It can’t accept deposits and has to issue bonds or borrow off the secondary market. They do commercial finance worldwide for plant and machinery, I have no idea why they’re in liveaboard finance.

If your mates happily signed at 100-150+ basis points above, I’m not surprised Hitachi didn’t ask questions. Under UK law, I assume Hkg is similar, your dwelling has to be on a plot of land to get a mortgage. No idea why guys are calling it a boat mortgage.

I did sugggest AOA members financially help. Why AP thinks that’s such a sh*t idea, I’ll never know.

Confused?