PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 22:07
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by kghjfg
Wow!

The TCT supporting statement is REALLY worth reading.
It is a shame that once again there will be no explanation from any other view point allowed.
Not everyone reads Pprune.

Did she not accept an award for it being a Solo flight in Australia?
I have never met TCT, and I am no troll, but any normal reasonable person can spot the inconsistencies.
Other than “I accidentally said ‘solo’ at Herne Bay”, does she really believe there are no inconsistencies ?

What will happen if the motion isn’t carried? Will the vitriolic campaign against the LAA continue?

I’ve already stated what the ONLY solution is, give her and Ewald an Award for their flight. It’s the only way to keep everyone happy. Why don’t the LAA just do that and close the matter. TCT has stated IT WAS NOT SOLO, she did not do all the nav, the award was erroneous, give her and Ewald the award they deserve, it was an amazing flight after all.

With respect, giving an award to Ewald is most certainly not the ONLY solution. In fact it is not a solution at all.

We have seen that Ewald is just as guilty of maintaining the charade as she is.
Sam posted about the diversion approaching Baragwanath so as to avoid a throng of onlookers maybe spotting that the Stearman had two pilots in it. Sound familiar? Just like the departure from UK where TCT did leave solo (for the benefit of the cameras) but headed straight to France (no doubt with a support plane and Ewald inside it) flying with her. There upon landing the Stearman goes to 2 POB, anyone care to guess at who the other POB would have been? He is as complicit as she is and as such should not be shown any favours.

The only solution to make this go away is for TOTAL honesty from TCT and team and a withdrawal of the LAA motion.

She can start by listing all of the legs flown in all three flights and name the person sat up front on each leg.
Bring aircraft and pilot logbooks (hers and Ewalds) to the LAA where they can be verified as a true record of the flights by people who know what they should say.
She can bring along the copies of ALL correspondence that went out to the press prior to, and during the flights, especially the vast array of the "please don't use SOLO in your articles, as I am horrified that you are doing this" ones.
She can bring along the SD cards that were in the GoPro cameras on the aircraft at Winslow. She has said herself that the cameras were always running to get film footage.

Will any of the above happen? ...I am not holding my breath.

She has tried to dismiss the Herne Bay video as a slip of the tongue. I think that it is so ingrained in her psyche that she could not help herself. If she was genuinely horrified having that word used she would not have used it, and to say that it was a last minute speech could be excused if it was first time, but she has given very similar speeches at all points on her travels. She truly believes that she is special and I have never seen anyone so desperate for recognition, admiration, and reward. Quite sad really, and a bit like Chris Martyr, I am starting to feel sorry for her; it was all dying down but she just couldn't resist resurrecting it.

I saw this general message from Brian Hope on LAA Forum. Seems there has been confusion over proxy votes being counted. ALL proxy votes count just as if you are at the meeting.

Brian Hope wrote:Can you please enlighten the guy on Pprune that he certainly can vote by proxy and it counts just the same as somebody's vote who attends the AGM in person.
Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD
Apologies to Airpolice for bumping an EXCELLENT post above.

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 3rd Oct 2018 at 22:11. Reason: timing