PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Veteran's ID
Thread: Veteran's ID
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2018, 18:34
dragartist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I’m not sure if many folks pay book price for anything these days. Daughter works for Lucazade. Drag just gave the 7 seat family car to youngest son with four kids. Their car was BER. Eldest son works for Porsche. He could get me a few grand off list price. Apparently their policy is to not make profit from staff sales, just cover costs. Tempted but outside my budget. So coincidentally daughter gets e-mail regarding new car discounts. I think their motive was to encourage staff to move over from company cars to car allowance. She is taxed quite heavily on her company car. Even more now she has elevated within the company with commensurate wheels. (One of those with optional indicators!). Their scheme is open to family members. Just log on with the appropriate details to find as Ex MoD Civil Servant I qualify in my own right. Not open to Civil Servants in other departments. A few days later I have been validated and given a code. This qualifies me for 17% off certain Nissans.
Conversation with the dealer: do you want leather? Not really but I would like nice bright headlights. Ok that comes with the leather and all the tech. I figure that my budget would cover the top spec since without the discount l may have bought the base model.
CSMA or whatever they call themselves now could not even come close.
poor experience with the Blues and Twos card. Sister in Law has one. Got 10p off a £40 Pizza Order since everything was on special offer and always is. A bit like the Dfs sale!
when I used to drive around with the Army they always asked for Service Discount in one of the Burger Joints. He would always make a point in goading the other one who did not give Service discount. I think this was lost on the “would you like fries with that” servers.