PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 30th Sep 2018, 10:53
Planemike

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kghjfg
Aren’t there mechanisms to table new motions at the meeting itself, which will then be voted on by the people in the room only?

Ask yourself, why would TCT be attending if it was obvious it would just be a rerun of the last attempt. There must be a new plan.
I am not a lawyer, nor am an expert on the constitution of the LAA. I have been a PFA/LAA member for over 40 years.
My understanding is that resolutions have to be submitted 42 days before the meeting and will certainly not be accepted at the meeting.
It is to be hoped that the result of this years vote will be precisely the same as it was in 2016. I have seen nothing to suggest that it will be different. No new evidence has been presented to suggest T C-T is any more deserving of the award now than she was back in 2016.
The whole matter is a distraction and total waste of the time and resources for the LAA. It should concentrate on its core function, helping members to build and restore aircraft for recreational use.