PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2018, 06:21
junior.VH-LFA

Received 71 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by megan
Heartfelt apologies junior. I've drunk too much of the SSG coolaid in the past. Look him up for a dose of comedy.Is that the exact wording from the manufacturers flight manual? Interesting the different caution warning and its contraction from the 200, though you might wonder why the mention of electric trim and autopilot at the pre flight stage in the 200.That's the way the operators for whom I flew set up their gigs, all memory, no printed lists. Not saying it was right or wrong, just the way it was, the only chap to ever do a gear up was our C & T on a solo, perhaps a printed list may have saved him, perhaps not, in three decades that was the only incident of note where a checklist argument may have been made.
All good, that's the internet for you.

The electric pitch trim, YD, autopilot etc is all part of the after start checklist. It wouldn't have affected the rudder trim, as there is no electric rudder trim in the King Air.

Something I have been pondering is if there was potentially an unscheduled activation of the Rudder Boost system, that would also explain the aircrafts track across the ground and been puzzling. There is a Bold Face emergency checklist for that, but the PIC wouldn't have had much time to understand what was happening and carry that out.

Perhaps the trim was added to try and counter the Rudder Boost instead of the correct action via the Emergency Checklist? Far fetched, but just something I've been thinking about.