PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 28th Sep 2018, 02:13
wonderland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by derekjsun
Hey all,
this thread has been on for nearly a decade and I know theres definitely alot of changes.
Just wondering I'm turning 34 yrs and at this age in SG it seems like really a crucial decision period.

I was looking at doing my CPL with FAA schools or schools in NZ as AU is actually quite pricey. Was wondering would plunging in for a local CAAS license at STAA or SFC be a recommended idea given at least you don't need to face the chicken and egg situation of license conversion & employment at a local operator?

It is pricey with no guarantee of a job but would be good if anyone can share their experiences for self sponsored cadets in those 2 schools? in the recent years have most found roles in scoot /jetstar or even SQ?

Another worry I have is I have an O level A level equivalent and a degree but not GCEs, anyone face employment hurdles simply because of that?
Dude, you are way too old. Oldest so far was 32 and he got in because of a stellar educational record.