PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2003, 11:25
karrank

Mostly Harmless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Snarek, I don't really understand your question. Dick's fault again because I don't know what you mean by "VFR On Top"

I think what you mean is that you are "known" to CS approach, and will be "known" to TL, but BB inbetween seems not to. This must mean you are VFR, and CS "turned off" your flight plan when you left C airspace. As an Enroute controller this is good, I can't see you, except as a radar return I'll tell others (that have elected to have a service) about. I don't give you anything unless you ask for it. Creating a mystery about what freq you or the jumpship will be on won't really help you will it?

As regards BIK's campaign for G airspace, best of luck mate. There have been attempts to please all of the people in the past. They were called Airspace 2000 & LLAMP and were both scuttled by (among other things) incompatible expectations. We now have the "big stick" approach, where some luminary plucks an airspace system out of his @rse and IMPOSES it on everybody.

The AIM is that nobody be particularly happy, but you get the system you NEED, even if nobody is convinced of this neccessity besides DS & JA. Are you sure what the result of achieving the system proposed in your (rather prolix) posts would be? US controllers don't give a toss about the class of airspace IFR aircraft operate in, they just separate them untill they give up and stop being IFR. If such is implemented (particularly with our crap radar coverage) you may wistfully remember DTi?

We are not getting the US system
US controllers don't do what their books say they do anyhow
Don't you get suspicious of consultation that is prefaced with statements that nothing said here will change anything in the model?

PS. I like this tribute to the BIG SKY THEORY
PPS. I don't know how I can answer a BIK post and end up above it? First sign of traffic priorities being relaxed???