PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 18:21
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MPN11
Welcome from me too, and a wee request for non-German speakers ... the odd translation (certainly at the outset) woukd be helpful!! We didn’t all do tours in RAFG/2ATAF!!

I get the feeling that Flugbuch thing is a sort of scrapbook, as opposed to a flying logbook?
Hello mate, not at all, exactly the same as an RAF logbook, although some Flugbuch were filled in by clerks as opposed to pilots/aircrew, What was interesting that the Germans did, that we didn’t, was the “Leistungsbuch” . I have one which comes with a matching Flugbuch to a Ju188 pilot and his Leistungsbuch records the detail of the mission he flew, including routing, bombload, enemy encountered etc etc. I guess to find that out in the U.K. you’d have to go into the ORB/F540 and intelligence reports whereas it is all in an individuals book. They are really rare and I only have the one, with a few scans of another one to my Me262 pilot recording his previous career flying Ju88s. I’m away from home at the moment but I’ll see if I can dig out some scans and post them up.