PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 09:39
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Lind1795
As with many others taking part in this discussion I had thought it had ceased and, whilst still irritated by Tracey's shenanigans, felt it was correct the matter should rest.
I was staggered to suddenly discover she has relit the fire. Incredible. What does this say about her and her supporters? There is a great lack of introspection on Tracey's part and inability to admit she is and has been wrong. Is this constant need to be in the limelight and absorb adoration from a variety of naïve, some not so naïve, supporters her driving force?

I am female and embarrassed beyond measure by her behaviour. I am also a pilot and feel Tracey has committed a great disservice to female pilots. Tracey has let her own sex down and as a female pilot I am abhorred at her behaviour. She has not represented female pilots well and this business to try and have the LAA award restored defies belief. Just for the record the men I have flown with (quite a few!) have not been sexist in the least.

With regard to flying and reward the greatest reward I felt was when I took a blind man and his wife and son flying. It was simply a lovely thing to have done and the gentleman concerned was an inspiring example to us all. Do you really need anything more? Just for the record I received no remuneration of any kind for this flight - I did not want it.

I sincerely hope the LAA members do not vote in Tracey's favour and this matter is put to rest once and for all. You cannot keep on having votes until you get the result you want! I also hope those other organisations who chose to heap awards on her are watching all this very carefully indeed!
+10 for that post Lind1795.
Sums it all up rather nicely and demonstrates it is flyers of both sexes that find this all a sorry state of affairs.

We have been described as "vile internet trolls" and if that is the title given to someone willing to wade through the smoke and mirrors put up by BiaB et al then we are guilty as charged. The wealth of historical evidence to support what we have been saying for the past few years is still out there for all to see. None of this would have happened had TCT stepped up and said

"Hey, I'm sorry about the confusion, as soon as we saw the misunderstanding happening we wrote to the press and TV stations running our story to correct them" - any subsequent SOLO tales in the papers would have been brushed aside as journalistic error, we would be right behind TCT and what she was doing and none of this would be happening right now.

Same with the awards..."Thank you kindly but I cannot accept this. This was a massive team effort and wasn't done for glory - you can support us in other ways by..."

Sadly this didn't happen, the charade continues. A bloody mess fueled by a gigantic ego and it will only end in tears.