PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristol-5
Thread: Bristol-5
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 09:12
kfsimpson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDXCWL45
I'm sure that if Turkish launched a BRS route they wouldn't be worried about BHX or relieving pressure on LHR.
What I'm saying is that they may feel that the South West and South Wales is covered by their Heathrow flights and maybe to a lesser extent BHX as well. They may feel the area is covered . I think it depends on what there strategy is for the UK. Whether in the future they want to expand and operate from the smaller airport's in in UK or that it's covered by the airports they operate to now.
I suspect they have calculated that currently BHX and LHR offer adequate coverage for the SW and Wales. I fly Turkish several times a year, usually from BHX or from LHR if connections don't work. The BHX flights usually seem to be at 80%+ capacity in the back of the plane, but not consistently full. For BRS to offer passengers good connections they would need two rotations per day, and I'm not sure there's the potential for that. I'd love them to try, though! Perhaps once the new IST airport is open and capacity increases they may look at expansion, but given the current state of the Turkish economy, maybe not.