PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 06:59
Propsforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At least in my Environment (EASA AOC OPS) noone would run all trims left and right and similar stuff. Not even Autofeather- Rudderboost checks where performend when Pax where present.
But! Both Crew did check all 3 Trims for this reason: We landed the B200 with the electric Elevator trim Running aft and reducing Pwr. So after ldg it would Point almost full up. Rudder trim was right of Center for Appr. and left oft Center for T/O. So just for the case that the PNF hadnt set them back, we Cecked Trim: Aileron where it was(Most KA are not straight so Ailerontrim slightly left or right)- Elevatortrim 2up std ( 1up if full to the brim-3up if just Crew with 4 full tanks) and "Ruddertrim" on the left edge of the Centermark.

This is in good View and anyway if the beast would yaw a KA Pilot stomps the Rudder and retrims before thinking what happened....

To the Statement with both feet on the Rudder: Iam in the last 10 yrs of Commercial ops and not doing Sports. I had to do a Conquest ( C425) Type Rating) a few yes. ago and could not hold the Rudderforces with one foot.
With 2 feet after the TR (16H) i had Backpain for some 3 month because of the SE Flying.Conquest scared the hell out of me (1.8% SE Gradient), after quitting i never gave it a second Thought.
In a B200 i can manage the Rudder, not easy but i can slam it down and hold it there until ihave solved the Problem!
Back to Topic:
No Pilot will try to Climb in a full Sideslip in a KA. You control the Rudder all the time during Manual Flight. Both Engine are rotating the same Direction- Torque has to be counteracted with rudder with every pitch and Speedchange for all of the flight. We even retrimmed on Autopilot, to get that ball centered.

@ Lucille: you wont get far in a KA with your feet on floor

Something did CASA miss or worse on this Report.
Well that i have my own opinion for Single Pilot Operation of Elderly People is a different Thing. But this problably wasnt a Problem here: If People get behind the Task they dont scream for help, they usually surrender silent ( freeze). I have been flying as a Safety Pilot with aging Pilots.