PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 00:48
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Right Hand Thread
That is of course only fair.

Will someone also be allowed to present the case for the other side?
I agree completely that Ms Curtis-Taylor should be afforded every opportunity to make her case. She should, however, also have her feet held to the fire to answer the Three Questions, and I give them here again so that she, and anyone going to the meeting can refer easily to them. I hope that the Mods will forgive me for quoting yet again a post I made earlier in this thread, but I am concerned that the essence of this argument may get lost in the sheer volume of, quite understandable, posts addressing other aspects of Ms Curtis-Taylor’s activities.

Here are the questions to which I believe the LAA should insist on answers before considering reinstating their award:

1. What is the reconciliation between Ms Curtis-Taylor's well documented claim to have flown her african flight "solo". Please see the video clip published earlier in this thread in which she personally makes that claim, and her subsequent public statement that the flight was not solo?

2. Given the above, what was she doing in the picture of her, published several times earlier in this thread, standing in front of a huge picture depicting the route and claiming she had been "Alone in an open cock-pit [sic] plane"?

3. By what authority, and with what qualification, does she wear RAF wings?

#3Questions

It is a shame that neither Ms Curtis-Taylor, nor any of her surrogates who have posted here and elsewhere, has yet taken the many opportunities they have been given to answer these questions of which she is well aware. Perhaps this will be her last opportunity to grasp the nettle and address them either with good answers or a genuine apology. It remains her call.

Edit: IMHO it is as much her apparent refusal to address these simple factual questions as the actual answers to them that is important for the LAA, and other bodies that have honoured her, to consider.

Last edited by Jonzarno; 26th Sep 2018 at 01:13. Reason: Add last paragraph.