PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 06:54
Propsforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To answer some Questions:
I have flown Scenarios with full Rudder Deflection, both in the Sim and in the real Aircraft. FS BE350 Sim . Finn Air BE300 Sim . BE90-200-300 real AC.
It takes a lot of Strain - You can hold it with one Leg ( I couldnt after a while in the Conquest I) - The first Thing an experienced KA Pilot does after lift off is Clean up, because with anything dangling down its not Capable to climb on one Engine - The next Thing everybody i know, does in an OEI Scenario is: Rudder Trim full on!! Its not in the checklist at that Point , but makes live a lot easier.
So in this Scenario every Pilot i know, wood : Stomp the Rudder to the Floor - Raise Gear - Raise flaps at 120kt- Immediatly trim- And if i see Speed decreasing and a building coming up my flight path, "I" would put the Thottles ( Presumed both Donkeys working) to the Forward Stop. This will provide 2450ft/lb instead of 2230ft/lb Torque. There is a Limiter in the FCU set to this Value, you wont blow the Engine. But of course afterwards it is gettting expensive.

Seeing the Video and reading the Report, gives me the strong Impression that there might be more into this Accident than written on the Report.

I have read the Report in full,, but there are some Points i cant believe!
One difference might be that iam used to Operate the Aircraft with FAR25 Performance in mind.

When we where send to Short (under1600m) fields, we knew we where doomed between V1 and V2 clean, in case something happenend. And we knew that we would get app. 5,5% Gradient ISA/SL on MTOW after cleanup.