PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 05:51
Car RAMROD

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Old Akro
The ATSB did not ask Raytheon. The list of organisations that were asked for contributions is on page 66. Raytheon are not listed. Once again, something that defies logic.
No it doesn't really defy logic. They went to Textron, first company listed. They own the Beechcraft name now. Raytheon used to, then Hawker Pacific, but it's now Textron.

Plus in several instances in the report they quote "the manufacturer". Do you really think that in an accident such as this the ATSB would not have conversed with them?

In relation to flyability of the aircraft with full rudder trim, wouldn't know, I've never done it. Half trim below 140kts isn't difficult though (think examiner giving you back the "failed" engine before the trim has been re-set after assy work).
As for taking 7 seconds to wind the trim, I think not. holdingagain, can you please elaborate more on your comment about this? I reckon I can go from neutral, hard to the stop on one side, hard to the stop on the other, then back to neutral in under 5.