PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 10:45
Mr A Tis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bet people can't wait for Jet Airways to start :https://www.unilad.co.uk/news/passen...-air-pressure/

Arriving into T1 last night ,bussed from remote you are greeted with non working escalator up to passport control. Later you will find all walkways in the skylink turned off - only the blue rain water buckets are "operational".
Sure these are not critical things- but it shows an airport that has lost it's care- lost it's Northern Pride. Things like this are fixable now, like the constant dirty toilets, broken cubicle locks, broken cubicle coat hooks. Baggage gate is another well publicised issue gone viral worldwide,and the security fiasco that produces good service one day & chaos the next despite having the data available to match supply and demand.
The drop off charge hasn't really resolved anything and the free drop system is under resorced.All these are in the airport gift to fix now- not in TP +6 years. Either the management is in denial or just doesn't care - the customer experience appears very very low down the agenda with the jam tomorrow statement being the answer to everything.
Many comments always relate to the holidaymaker and how they will soon forget their once a year experience etc etc. However, if you want to retain your CX, SIA, HU etc then you also need to cater for your premium pax or you will lose them. My colleague is now using LHR instead of MAN for his CX flights purely due to MAN experiences. My own last CX ticket cost me over £4.5K at those prices I don't expect special treatment- just that things work properly and passenger service levels are met.