PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet-5
Thread: EasyJet-5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 05:33
DomyDom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by daz211
Please don’t make this into a political battle field, The EU and the UK won’t stop flights it would be to damaging for both parties, What next No European reg aircraft allowed to fly into British airspace and we can’t fly other their’s.

I think this is actually what is being suggested by Ian Duncan Smith. If the EU don't agree to a deal IDS appears to be saying that the UK has the power to stop all intercontinental flights between the EU and North America because they must travel through UK airspace which he would block. Mmmmm.....😂
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/992934/Brexit-news-Iain-Duncan-Smith-travel-chaos-flight-UK-EU-withdrawal-CAA

Seriously though, I would guess that there will need to be some formal regulatory agreement to enable UK registered aircraft to fly in EU airspace. I think it's unlikely that this won't happen but the PM keeps saying that "no deal is better than a bad deal". I think that is why so many 'UK based' airlines are setting up EU subsidiaries any may eventually become EU member owned.