PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 2018 Light Aircraft Association AGM award vote
Old 21st Sep 2018, 19:51
Chris Martyr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having been a PFA/LAA member for 27yrs , I have to say that reading the agenda of the AGM in The Times is something of a first. Who would have thought that PF/LA magazine would have been trumped by a newspaper with such provenance . Nothing like mixing it with the right people is there chaps .
If LAA's Vice Prez is acting under his own instincts , then he will surely be contemplating the wisdom of this Gerald Ratner-like gesture . Although it does rather make one wonder if there is a bit of leverage being applied from 'upon High' [capital H intended]

If none of the above is true , then it would be very , very wise to drop the matter completely !

From a members view , let's take a look at the most likely outcomes here .
Option 1 : [ and the most likely] Motion voted out . Humiliation for Tracey , but LAA come out of it relatively unscathed.
Option 2 : Motion is carried . Tracey seen as unwelcome pariah in GA world . LAA reviled as being complicit.
Option 3 : Proposal dropped forthwith like a hot brick . Tracey slightly inconvenienced , LAA now able to continue doing what it is brilliant at , membership all now happy .
Please tell me I'm not the only one to see this !

If however , there is interference from 'upon High' , then it does have to be borne in mind that the democratic process in this case does still apply. It applied in 2016 , and will apply again in 2018 ! There may be posh people at the top . But us plebs still outnumber you .

Please feel free to tell me if I'm wrong !

Last edited by Chris Martyr; 23rd Sep 2018 at 07:41.