PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer-2
Thread: BA Cityflyer-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 14:16
WHBM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Well done Cityflyer crew

Returned Dublin to City on evening of Wednesday 19th. Very disorganised in Dublin airport following the storm passing through ... but a major airport should do better than this. FIDS not being kept updated so the current departures were not shown although there were plenty of earlier delayed flights up on there, now shown as departed but not cleared off to allow the current ones to scroll up. Go To Gate eventually shown, even though the inbound aircraft, disorganised from earlier Dublin rotations, had not left LCY yet (if I can find that out why can't the information team). Gate we were to "Go To" completely unmanned until one hour after scheduled departure {Dublin Handling, you owe me for being your information officer to everyone else). Had been snapped at by the Club Europe handling agent at check-in. Security quere screen states "QUEUE LESS THAN (big letters)30 minutes (little letters)", trying to minimise a 30 minute wait with two-thirds of the expensive checking stations unstaffed and closed.. Restaurants overwhelmed and a mess.

Anyway, aircraft finally arrives, turned round, big queue at the Hold for departures, finally get off at about 2140, nearly 2 hours late. Flying time 50 minutes on a good day. Now LCY closes on the dot of 2230, due to its planning permission regulation. But the guys up front, doubtless with good help from ATC, get as direct a routing into the 28 Final as I've seen for years, nose towards home, we set down at ... 2226. Phew ! And instead of being sent to Stansted, I'm 5 minutes from home.

Thank you !

Last edited by WHBM; 21st Sep 2018 at 14:36.