PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU citizen work in US/AUS
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 06:42
youngretired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DvirShany

Hey! Thanks for the info and help, I appreciate that!
do you know if it is possible to apply for the visa now? (Before I finished my EASA ATPL and CFI)
I would like to get the visa as soon as possible so maybe I will even be able to do the CFI in Australia... thanks!

What you'll need is not simply a visa, but also a work permit. Generally, when you got your permit then your family can travel with you in terms of long term visa (also called residency permit). But as I understand from you mentioned your partner as "girlfriend" you are not legally married with her, so she needs a visa/work permit too to study/travel/work abroad, which means she needs to clarify where she should be doing her degree, apply for it, and ask for appropriate visa type.

These types of work needs pre-planning/arrangement. Just like she needs clarification, you need them too. To make an application for a work permit you have to apply for a job first; either face to face by obtaining tourist visa and visiting them or by sort of distant application. When you do that they must provide you an invitation letter and relevant consulate will ask you that letter when you get there.

Also these are general information about how you study/work abroad. Some countries may have other specific requirements for you. For example Lithuania invitation letters must be submitted to their system by the invitation provider and you only need to provide a reference code provided after submission. USA have TSA screenings for security reasons and also tons of paperwork and fees for foreign workforce AFAIK.