PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK resignations on the up again...
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2018, 13:13
flyster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is what I am thinking having a Master degree in psychology. They just put a coat of “moderness” on the old structures. But in the end nothing has changed! If there is imminent pressure on individuals to perform it is contra productive to the outcome. Pressure increases performance only to a certain degree depending a bit as well on the so called personal traits. One can be very smart and has got fantastic abilities but within the “wrong” environment such a person cannot “deliver” or grow. The goal of training should be - if this person fits into the company selectional pattern (what they obviously did!) - that this person is trainable with the right methods, trainers and training program. That’s a growth structure which establish growth mindsets! In my personal opinion and from a professional perspective as well punishing somebody by degrading or terminating is the worst thing you can do as company. Imagine .. somebody got a bad phase and you help this individual with mercy, kindness, by leading the individual to overcome the problem. Tha is the difference between being a boss or a real leader.. what would it be like ? This person would be in most cases be more than happy, dedicates and loyal to the company. But maybe the company is just looking for mercenaries. Or maybe some Aussies who think being a Cpt at EK is a big thing .. sorry Aussies for that ! u know which guys I am talking about !
Sorry for mistakes .. just typing on my phone.

Last edited by flyster; 19th Sep 2018 at 13:33.