PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?
Old 17th Sep 2018, 20:53
Spencer94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?

Hi!

I have a very mild peanut allergy and because of this I applied for my Class 1 Medical before I embarked on any training as I knew it would be a huge hurdle. Initially I failed my medical, but appealed the decision and after 14 months of fighting I have been issued my Class 1 Medical with an OML limitation. Hurdle one out of the way.

Hurdle two. Now that I am in a position to apply to Oxford Aviation Academy or L3 Airline Academy I have noticed that for both of their Integrated ATPL courses it states that I need to hold an EASA Class 1 Medical "without restrictions". However, both are also advertising the Generation easyJet Pilot Training program and this only states that I need to hold an EASA Class 1 Medical, no mention of "without restrictions". I am wondering if this is because on is an ATPL and the other is an MPL. Could this make a difference?

Even if I get past hurdle two I know that hurdle 3 would be securing a job.

Any advice on beginning a career or even starting training with an OML would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Spencer94; 18th Sep 2018 at 08:57.