PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converison FAA to EASA - having a difficult time preparing for check-ride
Old 16th Sep 2018, 22:33
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Nurse2pilot: Many thanks for your prompt reply! Well, I'd say the problem is not actually the school (doesn't have a bad reputation), but more this guy / Instructor! Usually I don't have any issues getting along with people and if necessary I can be quite diplomatic! But this guy just makes me feel extremely uncomfortable, I can tell for sure he simply doesn't like me! As I said it's a mentality thing between us! As mentioned earlier, unfortunately he is the only instructor qualified to train me. There would be other instructors but they are available only on a part time basis and since I'm not a local (living at a hotel at the moment) it would not be possible to finish me up in a time frame of two or three weeks, which I think (given the circumstances) won't work out anyway! I just don't know what to do right now and I'm somehow about to panic, since my theoretical exams will expire by the end of October and I believe it's not possible to get things organized with another school until then! I'm unable to find a clear thought at the moment! Perhaps things could work out with a different instructor here, but somehow I don't feel comfortable here anymore (given the fact that I would come across this guy every single day and he will talk about me with the other instructors).

@Tharaka737: a shouting instructor is absolutely unacceptable, no matter what!!! You are the customer and it's your money and your time and in return every customer deserves the best possible instruction for his/her money!!! And a shouting instructor is in no way "the best possible" instruction!!! I have been an instructor myself, so I believe I have an idea what I'm talking about! Unfortunately, to my own experience I have to say that there are too few good instructors out there, at least not enough to cover all the aspiring future aviators to receive the quality instruction they deserve! Go and find yourself a different/better instructor for the remainder of your training! Good luck!

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 16th Sep 2018 at 23:45.