PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Catering Tales
Thread: Catering Tales
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2018, 10:48
Old Bricks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Some years ago I was admitted to the hospital at RAF Halton. As usual, because you hadn't been there the day before, there was no food ordered for you, so you basically got what had been ordered by whoever had subsequently discharged. Day 2 - early start for operation, so unconscious/blotto for most of day and only got slice of toast later in the day. Needless to say, order forms for meals on Day 3 came round whilst blotto, so Day 3 pretty much repeat of Day 1. However , did manage to fill in food order form for Day 4. Nurse tells me that Day 4 is also the first day of the new catering contract, so food bound to be huge improvement (?) Day 4 - wake up feeling pretty good and looking forward to breakfast - order was for orange juice, tea, "continental" rolls with jam. Tray arrives with cover over plate. I sit up in bed, drink tea and then remove cover on plate. Nothing. Not even a crumb of a passing roll. Bare as a badger's ****. Call for nurse. She calls for sister. Nurse is instructed to phone caterers, who do not believe it. Their quality control would have picked it up. Man sent up to examine empty plate. We all agree there is nothing on it. Could I have a replacement, please? Sorry, says caterer. We stopped doing breakfast hours ago, we're only doing lunch now. Kind nurse manages to make a slice of toast for me....