PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2018, 01:23
DutchRoll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the min requirements are currently for QF, but when I was recruited they were fairly simple. You basically had the hours or you didn't. When your number came up you did psychometric testing and a quick "is there anything obviously weird about this applicant?" interview, and if you passed that you did a sim check, and if you passed that you did a final longer and more probing interview. Notwithstanding that none of these processes are perfect and it's always possible for someone to have a bad day and get knocked back, or someone else to be lucky and slip through (I know examples of both), the entire system was reasonably fair irrespective of aviation background. I've not read anything Keg has written on this thread which would deviate from that type of fairness in the recruitment system, but I have heard on the grapevine that HR people with no aviation background are making quite a hash of the system. That's the world over these days though, unfortunately.

Originally Posted by maggot
God no, not the navy
Haha! Said firmly tongue in cheek of course! They were just young and foolish when they chose the wrong service!