PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baltic Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 14:12
PID

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by XPDR7700
Can anyone on the course for the cadet programme at small planet airlines with BAA comment on the guarantee of the job after? Thank you.
No Airline will ever guarantee you a job as an ab initio cadet. If they do, they will most certainly have a star at the end of the guarantee (guarantee*).

3 reasons:

1 - Your training standards - Passing the aptitude test and the airline interview is just the beginning. Throughout the training you must keep your training to the airline standards. You may fail an ATPL exam? Or your overall pass might be 80% but the airline wants you to have at at least 85% (these are examples). The airline naturally mentors and monitors their 'future' pilots and assess their performance.
2 - Unpredictable airline economy - I'm sure you heard plenty of times an airline cancelling their orders or simply going bust because of the economy. This can happen today or when you graduate, so the brand new plane that the airline hoped to put you is not available now. Or the airline needs to cut costs and can't afford new pilots.
3 - It's not coming out of their pockets - This is my observation now. But I noticed that when an airline is willing to pay for your training and/or type rating, they are more likely to reassure you because, well, it's coming from their pockets so they feel more pressure to ensure you succeed.

I hope this helps! I suggest you apply for it. If worse case happens, you have an ATPL out of it.

Peace!