PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Catering Tales
Thread: Catering Tales
View Single Post
Old 13th Sep 2018, 01:38
Big Pistons Forever

Received 133 Likes on 60 Posts
Catering Tales

Here is mine

Many moons ago when I was a Junior Officer it was discovered that me and 2 of my mates had allowed our pistol quals to lapse. As the senior (?) of the group I was directed to organize a range day to requalify us.

So comes the day the 3 JO’s and the Instructor, Range PO and an Able Seaman gofer assemble at the range for a day of shooting. At 11:30 I sent the AB to the galley to pick up the 6 box lunches I had arranged.

At 12 we break out the lunches expecting the usual lame sandwich, bruised apple and a box of milk 3 days past it’s best before date. Instead we get cold lobster tails, with vegetables artfully carved into decorative designs, exotic fresh fruits and a bottle of high end fizzy water

Well it turned out there were 2 orders for 6 box lunches for the galley that day. The other was for the Minster of Defense and 5 assorted high level mandarins who were taking a Buffalo to an isolated Radar site to “visit the boys”

They were none too impressed with their lunches.........

A massive Shyte storm was soon directed my way, with accusations that we had stolen the Minsters lunch. Just when I started to get worried I was told it was “taken care off”.

Apperntly a 3 star called the Ministers Chief of Staff and asked how it would look if word got our that the Minister was upset over eating the same food as the troops.

That was the end of that and I can still remember how good that lobster tasted