PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 13:14
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Curious Pax
I’m normally keen to defend MAN, but having had a 40 queue through security this morning wasn’t impressed to read this: MAN T3 Security chaos

I joined the queue just before 6, so no idea where the 2 hour wait that was quoted came from- as far as I could see it wasn’t getting much longer as I got to the front. However what annoys me is the airport spokesman claiming all lanes were open. There are 11 security machines in T3 - only 6 were in use.

On the plus side the staff were courteous- shouting instructions to the queue as you would expect, but not in a rude or unreasonable way.
MAN really needs to up its game, not just in dealing with the issue of long queues but in the PR statements it puts out when problems occur. Apologies for 'any' inconvenience caused, as happened a couple of weeks ago when some arriving passengers were waiting hours to collect their bags, are hardly satisfactory when it's blatantly obvious there was a good deal of inconvenience.

In the instance yesterday of security queues in T3, I'm not sure whether the spokesperson was being economical with the facts when stating all 'machines' were working, or whether it was clever / devious wording if all machines were working but only for the security lanes that were open.

Last edited by MANFOD; 12th Sep 2018 at 13:16. Reason: clarification