PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK politics - Hamsterwheel
View Single Post
Old 12th Sep 2018, 09:42
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
If you are looking gleefully at the potential, if at present unlikely, fall of TM for any other motive than getting a Labour government then you should be careful what you wish for. If TM falls, and one of the extremists takes on the mantle of PM, without a new election then the likely outcome would be a very hard Brexit which would be no good for the UK (by just about everybody's opinion - aside the extremists, Patrick Winford and a few others) and certainly wouldn't satisfy the mass of the union movement, or a large, if not majority of the population at large.

However I might suggest that to win a decent majority in parliament, Labour need to junk Corbyn and his cronies since how ever pee'd off that rump of the population might be with a hard / no deal Brexit, many simply won't vote for him, especially the older demographic which a) normally votes; and b) can recall the economic disaster that were similar Labour policies back in the 60s and 70s.

TM getting through a pragmatic deal is the least worst option for the UK at the moment. Even she may not succeed, but the likes of JR-M or BoJo certainly won't. Best option is in all honesty a new (not a second) referendum on the terms of the final settlement (or non settlement) whatever is or isn't agreed, with a "remain" option on the ballot paper. There is now a groundswell across all parties for such a referendum; only those who fear losing are against such a referendum.
First, let me assure you I am merely enthusiastic about the demise, which is imminent , of Treeza but would be decidedly ecstatic with the demise of the current Tory Gov't.....who wouldn't be given their draconian cuts across society. However, I am very well aware of the extremists as you define them whose plans for the UK are decidedly retrogressive and that's putting it mildly.

I think I've also worked out Corbyn may not be the most popular Labour leader.....this from sources other than JB no less ! That said, I agree he lacks the gravitas, at times. required for a potential PM but, he's been in politics long enough to know that when the opportunity to become PM is presented, he's not going to risk losing it. And despite the paranoia on here about the "apocalypse " of a Labour Gov't he's got to listen and act on the advice of those in the party who also wish to return to Gov't on behalf of a UK electorate that's been subjected to social engineering on a grand scale and who need the damage reversed.

And they are still continuing this strategy ....

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...ransport-costs

A new referendum ?.......not a cat in hells chance no matter how it's worded

The UK has always been referendum averse and the debacle of the last one isn't exactly conducive to changing this stance. If, and it's a big if, there is another referendum, it will be a couple of generations hence because no politician of any hue will dare risk such. By then, of course, the ramifications of the last one will have become unpleasant reality for the UK's population .....

"The United States of Europe "....oh man, come on ! that's one of the great urban myths of our time and always has been.