PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boat in HK good idea and where?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2018, 17:50
Krone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mngmt mole
Very helpful Busbert. Thank you for such a positive contribution to the misery of so many of our colleagues and their families.
People have forgotten the 97 property slump. Did CX bail out owners then? Its discrimination, I hear you say!

Boat owners have been on the merry go round of buy , pay off, sell, and pocket millions of HK$ for years. Whats pi$$ed off the local oligarcs is that they are being embarassed by expatriates, making shed loads of cash off their backs. They are angry and annoyed.

To HK Resorts, (or Sino at the Gold coast ) the income from boats mooring fees is laughable. A boat boy drowned in Gold Coast, while working for a CX captain. Not Ideal.

I think Gold Coast Marina will soon follow HK Resorts in clearing the livaboards. They seem to want day boats.

Finally, historically, livaboards were junks, wooden and not unsightly . However, many livaboards are taking the mickey on size. I mean they are Huge, 5000 sq feet upwards. towering masses of ugly fiberglass and twin radar domes.
These owners are greedy, and have ruined it for the rest of the boating community.