PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Non type rated easyjet recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2018, 19:06
4runner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pudoc

First of all, Portugal is one of the poorest Western European countries where the cost of living is extremely low, wages are low and taxes are high. Netting 90k in Portugal....you’ll live extremely well in the country or downtown of the capital city. Better than a Jetblue pilot would live in downtown Manhattan. Plus it’s a beautiful, warm country. I’ve never worked for easyJet, and I have nothing to do with Portugal so I don’t feel like I’m being biased.

You also need to remember that it’s not so much that European pilots are paid poorly, it’s more a case of US pilots are paid very well. You can trust us on this, because a lot of us have researched jobs abroad and with the exception of China, any airline that offers more pay is usually in a country where it’s very expensive to live or there’s a big catch.
i dont disagree, I will post a fact. If you take all the airplanes in the world, outside of the USA, then double that number, you still wouldn’t equal the number of N registered aircraft. The US doesn’t have a higher pay, it is the standard pay. European carriers just pay below what is standard.