PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 7th Sep 2018, 06:59
Sulay89

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Feedback

Ryanair feedback
I want to say thank you for all the previews feeback it's an invaluable helps and now it's my turn to do it

Initial application 29.06
Application under review 5.07
Email regarding phone call 25.07
Call 07.08
Assesment 03.09
Successful 06.09

The day before the assesment I went to simtech for one hour in the brand new 737 800 same sim as ryanair and very good instructor he give me tips to pass the interview I will recommend you to do a sim session with Simtech

The Day:
First briefing with one of the assesor explaining the day and the sim nothing special to say about that.

I started with the interview the captain start to ask me question about me, where I did my training and on wich aircraft .
Then ask about the 737 how many hydraulics system? 3 system A B stand by

explain the anti ice system on the 737?
Electric for probe and windshield and bleed air from compressor stage 5th to 9th
Then simple math calculation such as crosswind sin 30 sin 60 and you travel at 120knt how long to do 40 nautical miles... very very simple if you are prepared.

Then HR she was really nice
she asked me about my cv and background .
What do you want to take the 5 years bond or the 29000 euro....
Where do you see yourself in 5 years ?
Why did you choose your flight school ?

That was it

For the sim it was Liverpool with wal 2t departure (it's an easy one )

I started as pm brief speak with your partner he had to follow the entire sid until leveling off at 5000 feet to wal vor some airwork rate 1 turn and accelerate to 250 then radar vectored for ils 27 décélération to 170 ( remember 210 first flaps 1 then 190 flaps 5 bug 170),
Sim freeze point on the chart where you are and brief the app . Then radar vectored for ils .

As pf i had the exact same thing until overhead LPL the assesor froze the sim ask me where I was and he advise me about a fire in the toilet, I asked my pm to hand control pass the mayday call and then TDODAR NITS full procedure and land.

Three days later finally the good news .
My advise is to prepare yourself well for the interview with this forum the ACE book and all other materials online like skyinstructor web site also book a sim prior your assesment again simtech was really good for me if you can afford it .

Best of luck guy's