PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-9
Thread: Flybe-9
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2018, 07:21
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EI-BUD
I agree with many of the comments above. Flybe does not need a rebrand, the paint is hardly dry on the latest colour scheme. This will add no value in the short term.

The challenge as I see it is the airline doesn't know where it is or distinctly where it needs to be. Faster than Road or Rail in my view is a nonsense maxim for this regional airline, and I'm not convinced that it resonates with many.
Sorry, but is this not a bit contradictory? The full purple livery saw the slogan 'Faster than Road or Rail' plastered on the side of the engine nacelles which you agree is a nonsense, but you state that Flybe does not need a rebrand?

The newly painted aircraft (G-JECP) clearly needed a new coat following repairs carried out recently. Flybe will probably have needed to confirm what livery was to be applied to the new E175's coming from Embraer next year too - should they paint them full purple or not?

Personally, I think this a far crisper, cleaner and professional design. it looks business like and is all about helping to define the brand. I guess that with a large number of the fleet coming towards the end of their lease and potentially reaching the point where a new lick of paint is required (new livery or not) now seems like a sensible time to decide to make a change.