PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2018, 00:44
ECAMACTIONSCOMPLETE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sta5fhl
Does anyone here have an idea of how many SO's Jetstar still need to recruit for the 787. I've noticed an entire cohort of cadets have just started training on the 787, with another round of cadets finishing late this year and then mid next year. Whats the likelihood of all SO positions being filled by these cadets, would future JQ cadets expect the A320?
The initial 787 SO cadets that were hired are coming close to their 3 years of service and thus will be able to bid to A320 FO. So these 20-30 positions will need to be filled by new SO cadet hires. In years gone by there have been split intakes of cadet A320 F/O and B787 SO. I believe that this will continue to be the case, unless the new FRMS (which has been due ‘in a couple of months’ for the past 4 years) dictates that many of the south East Asian routes we fly will require 3 crew, in which case the SO numbers will need to increase dramatically. Jetstar being Jetstar, I’m sure they will find a way to keep the routes 2 crew.

Either way way you will get a seniority number, which is all that really matters. Take the first thing Jetstar offers you. Sitting in the back of a 787 to Honolulu 2-3 times a month isn’t the worst job in the world.

One last point, I’m not sure if you are a Jetstar cadet or looking at getting a job externally but whatever you do, if you want to be in Australia DONT AGREE TO GO TO NEW ZEALAND, as there is no pathway to get back to Australia and even if you did you would have to go to the bottom of the seniority list. Many people have been caught out by this.