PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 1st Sep 2018, 16:20
High Energy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CaptFlyer
Hi

If any current F/O at FZ could please inform me about annual leaves. I understand that FZ has a variable roster system and 42 days of leave per year. My question is, by using about 7 days of leave every other month, would it be possible to get block of days off (including leave) of about 9 or 11 consecutive days off every other month (every 2 month or close to it). I ask this as to know whether a commute back to Europe is possible by doing that. Is that possible or they have a system so that you to get your leaves less splitted over the year ?

Thanks.
Basing your decision on being able to commute is like playing Russian Roulette. Yes as an FO you can spread your leave and even get summer leave and all but there are no guarantees you'll get days off around it. I've seen very junior guys with really good rosters and senior ones with crap ones. There is no logic at times, especially when it comes to your days around leave. And what happens to the rosters when reqruitment stops like it has now? How long will the company give us the 3 or 4 additional days off like they have the past 4 months? How long before you upgrade and then it's a definite no-no not possible.

Save yourself a lot of stress and heache and forget about commuting with us. Have you looked at the EK 777 freighter package? That is kinda setup of commuting.