PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA pushing for part time rosters, wtf!!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2018, 11:48
Liam Gallagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Xwindldg.... When was part-time rostering placed on the shopping list? I don't recall reading about it in any GC candidate's manifesto and I have seen no position papers from the GC introducing this topic. It's clearly come from "left field" from within the GC.

No doubt there will be someone along shortly to tell me how wonderful part-time rostering will be for them and maybe it will be wonderful for me, but I cannot accept it will be wonderful all members. It's definitely a case of "winners" and "losers". Compare part-time work to guaranteed 13th month.... Now that's important and highly relevant to 99% of members, but doesn't even rate a mention. What short memories we have.

Veruka Salt is technically correct, we are not in CC/TB for part-time work, but if the GC is now saying they require resolution on Part-time work before they will place a vote for RPs and HKPA before the membership, then in practical terms we will remain in CC/TB until Part-time work is resolved. It really becomes semantics, because it's seems we are indeed now in CC/TB for Part-time work, whether the membership likes it or not.......